Solomon Running How To Teach Melanesian Teenagers English At Their Level Of Interest Who Have Never Been To School?

How to teach Melanesian Teenagers English at their level of interest who have never been to School? - solomon running

I teach a small group of 15 to 17 years, young Solomon Islands. You want to learn to write, speak and read English. They have never attended school. So far, they have learned the individual phonemes and can read very simple reader. I think I need the material to the level of interest, but remains on the level of basic understanding. I am open to any idea. I run the class for free and adolescents do not want me to stop, but I am determined.

2 comments:

Lola said...

I would try to find out what their interests ...., cooking, music, etc. .. perhaps related magazines or things that you can print from the Internet? Make index cards with pictures on one side and the word in English and their native language to another. (Index cards work great) Ask your friends or church to donate books and magazines and send them to you. Good luck!

LAUSDDIS... said...

First, God bless you! How refreshing to hear his commitment to these young people. I'm the Los Angeles Unified, California. Why not go online and read a few instructions. I think the flash cards with pictures and words would be useful. The e-mail LAUSD www.LAUSD.net

Post a Comment